When we moved here in November 2000 we found a nice little bush in the back yard next to a space for a small garden that had been worked over but not planted. At that time the bush was just a bit higher than the fence. This then is about that little bush that by last year, 2009 had grown up into utility wires.
Last fall I started cutting it down so it would take less space in the back yard and not go any higher into the wires. I finished the project this spring cutting down to a little above the fence. It was quite an ugly looking thing, and we sort of wondered if it would even survive, though past experiences led us to believe it would.
The accompanying picture is proof that it did.