Sunday, May 31, 2009

Graffiti!

I found this great graffiti under the Ford Street Bridge - picture of the bridge below. I really enjoy most of the graffiti I see on my bike rides. The bikeway goes under a lot of bridges along the way, making for lots of large canvasses for creativity. Lots of folks seem to "cheat" with the use of stencils --- probably mostly because it makes for a speedier getaway?? This piece makes the best use of stencils I've seen, and conveys a great message!
The Ford Street Bridge is just about exactly 1 mile from our house, and my bike rides begin and end on either end of this bridge, with just a mile of traffic concerns on each end of the trip! The Riverway bike trail passes under the ends of this bridge over the Genesee River - very close to downtown Rochester. The Riverway connects to the Canalway, and I can go miles and miles!

No comments: