Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Another wonderful story!

Went for my longest bike ride yet of the spring - 18 miles, and along with the exercise, I got a great story. Almost back home, I stopped to take some pictures of some huge logs left on the curb for the city to take away --- I doubt they will do that because they probably run about 3/4 ton each for the 3 or 4 biggest ones!

While doing that a 1974 Pontiac Granville convertible went by, but I missed the picture..... almost. As I headed on down the street toward home, the wonderful car was parked along the way, while the owner surveyed a couch that had been on the curb for about 3 days. I stopped to get the picture of the car, and talked to the owner who was very interested in the couch. Turns out that as a car buff, he knew the couch design was based on the 1956 Chevy Belair! He had called a friend to help load the couch onto the back of his car and was waiting for his arrival. The friend turned up moments later in a 1973 Cadillac Eldorado convertible! Two grand old cars, two friends, a grand old couch, and me all arriving at the same moment in time. I love it when parts of the world all converge in a moment, and I happen to be there, and happen to recognize that something special has happened!

No comments: