Friday, June 01, 2007

Uncle

I've told you before how much I love being an Uncle, and this weekend - Wednesday through Monday, I'm getting to do that full time. Doesn't get much better than that! Another school event - this time for my niece getting an academic achievement award. Young people at her school can actually earn an academic letter....... in my day "letters" were only for the jocks! How cool to pat kids on the back for being smart as well as for having great hoop shots!

Bike rides around town with the nephew ---- trips to the not quite local roadside ice cream stand...... side trips to places that figure in my family history while they are in school!
Pictures below........ my niece all dressed up for her award ceremony, nephew outside a mysterious underground structure he showed me --- a cistern? a root cellar, ????? ...... and the Atlanta, NY train depot from which my mother left for college, and that my great great grandfather took the traveling preachers to after services at the Ingleside, NY church.



No comments: