Monday, February 11, 2008

Just think, you are not here by chance

My grandparents - William and Pearl Olney My other grandparents - Earle and Florence Drake

On Friday, I went to the funeral of Edna Bontrager Schlabach, mother of one of my two best friends, along with 6 other children, 20 grandchildren, and 12 great-grandchildren. I think of her, and her husband Levi (still with us), as my third set of grandparents. Turns out that makes me special, but also not so special, because Edna and Levi have always treated most everyone like their own children or grandchildren or great-grandchildren - a lesson that if learned by a lot more folks, would make the world a much better place!

A big thank you to Edna, Florence, Pearl, Levi, Earle, and William!

And definitely not forgetting Violet, Louise, Melburne, and Clyland!

And on back into history - how many thousands of others?

No comments: