Saturday, August 09, 2008

Hill Reunion

Off to the Hill Family Reunion --- I'm not sure of the origins of this reunion, but we are all descendants of Sarah Hill Olney - wife of Henry Cadmus Olney, and my great great grandmother. Actually the reunion is pretty much decendants of two of her 11 kids -- Bart and Omar. Another generation in our our line will be there today - Maeve and Wyatt will be meeting a bunch of the relatives!
I was hoping for more when I went to my images of Sarah's diary from 1885 to see what went on today. Raising 11 kids limited Sarah's diary entry time I'm sure. A couple of the kids seem to have used the pages for August 8 & 9, 1885 to practice their signatures! Quite a few pages of her diary suffered this fate. Probably not much spare paper around the house in those days.

No comments: