Monday, November 05, 2007

Dirty Ernie's

When the sign on the highway says "Dirty Ernie's Ribs and Gifts", you pretty much are required to stop at the next exit and see what's up! Unfortunately closed for the season. My first ever handicapped picnic table.... the phrase "half a bench short of a picnic table" comes to mind, but actually a pretty good idea..... I wonder if there is a fine for using it without the proper tag hanging from your mirror?
Homer Simpson cast in iron.
And in a day where technology makes pretty recent stuff seem like an antique, I think this might be a record for the total bill to fill my tank. I've paid more per gallon, but today I was pretty much down to fumes when I found this pump....... there wasn't even a slot for the credit card, and those little white numbers spun around like crazy! Nothing digital here!
Nice to be back home!

1 comment:

Anne said...

I had sorta the same trip back as you yesterday...I filled my gas tank in southern PA for $2.89/gallon, and by the time I stopped again in northern PA, gas had spiked all the way up to $3.12 per!!! I can't wait to see what happens to oil company profits this quarter. At least we know that life under the Current Administration has been good for somebody...