Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Father's/Grandfather's Day

The two people whose very presence on this earth makes me a Dad and a Grand Dad! I left the camera in the car when we went into the diner.... on purpose. I love taking pictures, but once in a while find that I want to leave it behind and experience the moment without the recorder. Like Mother's Day, there were 4 generations around the table for lots of good food, and great story telling.

Afterward, Casey and Wyatt dug a big hole in the yard to receive Cheryl's Mother's Day gift - a small weeping cherry tree. Casey, who, like me, is always on the lookout for cool stuff, found a seashell fragment, a clay marble, and a 1910 Census Badge. The pin back was rusted off, but the badge itself looks pretty much brand new, despite being burried in our yard for possibly up to 98 years! I wonder who lived here and played with the marble?

No comments: