Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Six Seventy Nine

Cheryl and I both fell in love with Stefani Tadio's wonderfully detailed and colorful paper and thread art. She is pretty cool too!

Thought I could link to her pictures, but I guess I did it wrong. I'll try to learn to do that later, but click here to see a nice selection of her work.

And, in the very cool way of the universe, there are cosmic connections too. She and Steve live on the next road over from where I grew up in Fairport, NY. I haven't visited yet, but from the description, I think I could see her house from my old back yard? She lives right next door to the Bilger farm, and across the road from the Wagner farm! My school bus drove right by her house every morning on the way to school, from around 1952 to 1963!

And in another one of my favorite smiles I get from the universe, her house number is the same as an apartment building I lived in back in my radical sixties days! 679

She wrote some pretty nice stuff about us in her blog.

Thanks Stefani! For your cool work, your friendship, and your kind words ..... I'll get to work on those punches soon.

3 comments:

Anne said...

And my Tadio-Birthday-Present looks pretty groovy up on the mantel over the fireplace!

Sequana said...

BUT.....and here's the important question.......did you hang around with Bill Ayers?????

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention, Don! I'm so pleased to have met you two.