Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Voting Day

Cheryl, Dad, and I walked over to the polling place today.
Results not in yet, but we did our part!



How lucky we are to live in a country where this is the way we do things!
Two stories from the voting line. The woman behind us in line told us about a patient of her's who had signed herself out the the hospital "against medical advice" in order to vote. Another guy at the other polling place in the room, was talking to the inspectors about how he could get his Mom from the hospital across the street over to vote!

2 comments:

Anne said...

At 3:00 today I was voter #415 out of a thousand registered here...on primary day, at noon I was voter #8. Buck reports 80% turnout in Old Dominion today....

The Daily Rant said...

I haven't heard any "voting line" stories because Eddie and I had to mail our votes - by Priority/Certified mail!!!

I am in Nova Scotia watching CNN and I can feel the excitement rumbling in my belly. I'm having moments of being very emotional and on the verge of tears - ok, please tell me it's not just me. :)

I am SOOOO excited. They just "projected" Ohio...c'mon, people, COUNT! COUNT!

Loving every minute of this election and hating the haters.

Love to you, Cheryl, Maya and the whole family! We'll celebrate even more tomorrow.

BTW - We've been up in Canada quite a bit over the last two weeks and the Canadians we've talked to in the last couple of weeks? LOVE Obama!!!