Thursday, October 18, 2012

Mushrooms along the bike path, and other creepy stuff

 Cool mushroom growing along side one of the parking lots  that I ride through on pretty much every bike ride.
 More cool mushrooms along the bike path in Genesee Valley Park - Rochester, NY.  This one I know the name of because I Googled them?  Omphalotus illudens The Jack O'Lantern mushroom.  The Jack O'Lantern part comes from the bright orange color --- they are even brighter orange in person!  Halloween is coming up soon .... a time for weird scarey things?  The story of Google and the Jack O'Lantern mushrooms.  Thinking that maybe I could find out what these were because they were very bright colored.  Also the size of the clumps.... the smaller clump was about 18 inches across!  I started typing --- b r i g h t  o r  -- and there it was!  Second on the list of Google provided options was "bright orange mushrooms"!  Pretty weird and/or pretty scarey!  Did Google know where I was, and deduce that Genesee Valley Park was a good spot for bright orange mushrooms?  Did Google have a record of somebody else having Googled "bright orange mushrooms" from that location?  Did  they somehow access  the pictures I had just taken?
And, in the scarey Google line of thought, the image above was the Google Logo on my Birthday!  Hovering the mouse over the image even made the little box say "Happy Birthday, Don".  Again - pretty cool, or pretty creepy!

No comments: