Monday, December 24, 2007

Celebrate!

Christmas Eve --- I'm home, recovering nicely, very happy to be alive and theoretically prostate cancer free. 6 "relatively" small holes in my stomach.... the robot was much less scarry in person, though my last memory is of about 2 minutes in the room, the table pre-warmed for my comfort, both arms and my legs being strapped firmly down (we'll be standing you on your head for this), the robot under a big plastic bag off to the side, the control console off in the corner, about 6 or 7 people introducing themselves, --------------------------- fade to 5 hours later, rolling down a hall ------ by Cheryl, Casey, Deanna and Bert, and on to a room on the 4500 unit of Rochester General Hospital - feeling like I've been kicked in the stomach by a mule, but surrounded by a wide variety of angels who took very good care of me for about 24 hours, and on home with my personal angel - Cheryl. Periodic spells of tears when I am just so glad to be here! Some combination of luck, skill, technology, prayers, thoughts, and spells, has got me still here!

Again - get your PSA checked, your colonoscopy, your lumps checked, etc, and celebrate every moment of this short span we get to spend with friends and family!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippeee! What a great Christmas Eve this is for me. I got a great package of historic top materials from my San Antonio friend and then I checked your blog to hear that everything went well. Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you. Can't wait to come up and visit you.

Nan Bolstad said...

Don,
We are so happy everything turned out well! Here's to a g-o-o-d
2008. We are loooking forward to our annual February visit with you and Cheryl. (We've had our bad medical times this year too.)

Nan And Bill