Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Snow Geese

While on the way home last weekend from Philly, we saw that appeared to be several thousand white geese with black wings. I had never seen that many geese, nor had I seen white geese with black wings. My friend Marty Schlabach suggested they were probably snow geese, and a search of the internet showed our birds! Also seen on the trip home --- a lone Bald Eagle.... my first definite sighting outside a zoo! My apologies for the borrowed picture.... didn't seem safe to stop on an interstate for a picture of my own!

1 comment:

Anne said...

There have been gazillions of geese around Cohocton, too. I was wondering yesterday whether this signifies something unusual about the weather pattern we're going to have? I can't remember when I've seen this many of them...plus, sometimes they're flying at night, and that strikes me as most unusual!