Saturday, August 01, 2009

Another Top Show

I did my top show again yesterday. Anne and Maeve have been teaching a summer writing course for kids about 8 years old. The plan was for them to write autobiographies, with various assigned chapters including one about collections they might have. My spinning top collection show was sort of a final reward for them. My reward was sharing my love of tops with a great bunch of kids, and hearing several of the autobiographies presented! Several of the students who had already presented their writing before I got there even shared their autobiographies with me after class! I just want to say to Anne and Maeve --- "You are great teachers", and to the kids in that class ----- "You certainly wrote some very nice stories". Thanks for sharing with me!

No comments: