Monday, August 31, 2009

Guy Fieri

A favorite Food Network show is Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives with Guy Fieri. I always dream of visiting one of those places, and last night we did! We stopped by a favorite diner in Buffalo after we packed up our show, and while waiting to order spotted the above on the wall behind the counter. When I asked when Guy had been there, we were told - "a couple of weeks ago". August 17th to be exact, and the show has not yet aired! So, my wish has been granted. I've had potato pancakes and a side of bacon at a place soon to be featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives! Cheryl had a fried chicken dinner.

The Lake Effect Diner features locally grown food, prepared like your Mom used to if she was a great cook!
Thank you to the food gods for granting my wish. Some web searching indicates that Guy visited several places in the Buffalo, NY area, and possibly not all will make the cut, but still - I'm happy!

1 comment:

Pat said...

I love him, too. He also visited The Ralph to do a thing on tailgate parties while he was here. Hope it airs soon! It was good to see you this weekend.