Saturday, February 07, 2009

The Kennedy Center

A year ago, Cheryl and I had a Trunk Show at the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC, during the Alvin Ailey Dance show. We sold quite a few Barack Obama pins that we were making to raise money for the campaign. (along with lots of our dancers) I well remember selling one in the box next to the Presidential Box during the show we got to see. In our box with us was a family - Mother, Father, and two delightful little girls. I remember the thought going through my mind that selling that particular pin just a couple of feet from the Presidential Box, was contributing to Barack, Michelle, Malia and Sasha possibly being there next year..... well, it is next year, and they were there last night!

Cheryl was there. We're having another Trunk Show this year. Unfortunately, I'm home getting my daily Zap! When we talked around 8PM last night, all she had seen was a lot of bomb sniffing dogs, and Secret Service folks, but she was there just a little bit away from that Presidential Box!

I guess that magic pin worked!

An aside ---- I love the fact that the spell checker always highlights Barack Obama as obviously a misspelled word!

1 comment:

Sequana said...

That's the same shirt and tie he had on in his weekly address today, so he'd done that right before going over, I bet.
I love the look of that collar on that shirt.
He's looking really tired, but happy being there.
I hope they have a restful time out at Camp David this weekend.