Thursday, February 05, 2009

Our Better Angels

President Obama (doesn't that sound nice?) has talked about "our better angels" quite a bit..... those impulses that lead us to better thoughts, better actions, better places. We've made lots of different kinds of angel figures over the years, but thought we'd revisit some of them ...... These three are a revision of some previous figures. More to come.

I couldn't figure out why nobody had visited the blog for 4 days until I figured out that when I adjusted things for this new look, I lost the little piece of HTML code that works my counter thingy. I think I've got it fixed now.

Cheryl is off to The Kennedy Center in Washington DC for a trunk show, and then off to Philadelphia for our big wholesale show. I'm going to be staying home so I can continue to get my radiation each morning.... can't give those bad guys a chance to recover before they get the full dose. Cheryl and I are both kind of amazed at how much we are not looking forward to time apart ---- 10 days! Rich, one of my radiation guys, says it will help us appreciate each other more. His wife is off to help her sister with a new baby. One of the gals says "big deal"! Her husband is off on 90 day assignments in the military on a regular basis. All three of us agreed that we have it a lot better than the families whose loved ones get 15 month assignments - and get shot at!

May our better angels be in and with all of us!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don I love them! How can I order one?

Anonymous said...

Don, they are great. How can I order one?

Don Olney said...

These new angels retail at $65 each plus shipping and Sales Tax if shipped to NY State. Glad you like them!