Sunday, February 15, 2009

T-rex and the apples.


This is one of the mechanical pieces I made a few years back (2003), as Uncle Don's Mechanicals. With the demise of making "consumer products for children under the age of 12", I'm rethinking trying some mechanical stuff again. My main goal right now is coming up with an interesting mechanism that creates interesting movement, without having it too expensive to sell any!

One basic question still eludes me - whether to expose the mechanism to public view, or leave it a mystery? Clue - in this one the main mechanical device is a pinch clothespin!
I only sold a couple of pieces back in 2003, but go look at the web page with those original pieces. I'll maintain the prices listed there - at least for a while. Below is the first video on the web of one of my pieces.... this one is not shown on that original web page --- I think I have a couple of them? Price on this one $125. This one is SOLD (4/7/2009) but I can probably make more :-)

Video of "T-Rex and the apples" below.

No comments: