Monday, September 22, 2008

And I complain about having to get my hip repaired?

I talked about my friend Dave Halter the other day. Just in case you were skeptical about my story of a 72 year old one legged contractor ----- here he is --- on the roof. Almost done with the basic replacement of about two thirds of the deck boards, and about a quarter of the structure below. I've got a feeling this roof will last longer than the original! There was evidence of about 15 layers of roofing, and at least two other times that large portions of the deck and structure had been replaced. Dave has had about two thirds of his left leg replaced - about 2 years ago, and while most folks would consider this a chance to sit back and relax, and perhaps complain quite a bit, Dave is up there on my roof hammering away at what he does best! He did take an afternoon off last week ------- to go canoeing!

I think I'll just go ahead and get that messed up hip joint of mine replaced, and go on making stuff! Sitting on a roof looks like a lot more fun than sitting in an easy chair!
Thanks Dave --- for the roof and for the lessons!

No comments: