Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Garage progress??????????

We had our garage re-roofed not long after we bought this place, but leaking began again not long after, and we put off repairs too long! Turns out we had about 15 layers of roofing on there, including somebody putting another whole layer of plywood over about 12 layers and then going on from there???? All the layers trapped moisture, and a lot of the garage tried to return to nature via the rotting process. Dave Halter (of Dad's new porch fame) and a helper are doing the work.... can't wait to get the bill? Did I mention that Dave is 72 years old (give or take a few) and has one good leg, and another one made of plastic, metal, and other miscellaneous stuff. The other day he asked if I had a screwdriver around to put his "kneecap" back on. It gives me the willys to watch him go up and down the ladder --- I make it a part of my daily schedule to not be here at the beginning and end of his day on the roof! I'll post pics of the results later, and maybe a pic of Dave and his cool leg!

No comments: