Thursday, January 01, 2009

Check out my Great Great Grandfather's Blog!

That's my great great grandmother and grandfather above.

Henry Cadmus Olney, and Sarah Esther (Hill) Olney

That's Henry's 1886 diary above.

I will be putting my Great Great Grandfather Henry C. Olney's 1886 diary on line in blog (http://henrycolney1886.blogspot.com/) form, starting at 12:01 AM January 1st, 2009 - 123 years after his analog version was created. You might enjoy it. Mostly in picture format with photo's of his original diary pages. His handwriting is pretty good, and the photos came out clear. I'm also adding comments and side information as I go. I'm trying to stay ahead, with each picture posted ahead of time with a scheduled publish time of the first day of each 4 day spread.

The first two days and my intro have been posted!

1 comment:

Anne said...

speaking of things older than you...the kids saw a photo in the library yesterday of the No. Cohocton General Store, c. 18-something...proprietor was someone named Kent Olney. Relative of yours?