Thursday, January 08, 2009

Skip today's entry if you are easily offended, or are sensitive??

I love it when the universe gives me a chuckle! I got two today! The picture above is of a couple of magazines on the table in the waiting room at my favorite oncology unit! Moving the smaller magazine reveals the originally intended message from the magazine publisher, but I love the way the Gods arranged them for me this morning!

On similar? note, I have developed one of the "side effects" of my treatments. The written material I got at the beginning of the process refers to this "side effect" as "loose bowel". As I tried to politely describe what happened to me yesterday afternoon, Anne interjected --- "Oh! You sharted!" Being a bit slow on the uptake, I started to ask ---------- her reply "That's a combination shit and fart" Another wonderful moment in my morning! A review of the internet - UrbanDictionary.com yields the definition " a small, unintended defecation that occurs when one relaxes the anal sphincter to fart (blend of "shit" and "fart")

I hope you will return for more adventures in the future despite my indiscretion today ;-)

5 comments:

Pat said...

Hmmm..I am experimenting with the rejoinder"Oh, you are full of shart!" I kinda like it.

Thanks for sharing. I think. :)

Anne said...

Well, I was all set to be Highly Offended by the misplaced possessive apostrophe in "Cancer's" and am glad to see it's not that at all. Human excrement being, in my opinion, far less offensive than bad grammar and/or poor punctuation. I know my daughter agrees with me here!

Sequana said...

I'm just glad I was as far away as Chicago when this crept up on you.

I've been wondering how those treatments were going.

Anne said...

I forgot to ask whether there's an inspirational sharting page in "My Healing Companion..."

Don Olney said...

Nothing about sharting in "My Healing Companion" that I can find... maybe that comes under "what makes you angry about your cancer?" entry?

Just a quick note that a friend who was actually part of the research on journaling that led to "My Healing Companion" told me that it was specifically intended for women, and should have not been given to me?