Friday, July 22, 2011

Grandpa and Maya's Wednesday Art Project


Somewhere around 20 years ago, I created The Community Puzzle. I subsequently sold the product to a friend, who has since sold it to someone else, etc., until it is now owned and distributed by California Paper Goods Company.

Intended as a less expensive version of the community quilt concept, each person can decorate a piece, or multiple pieces, and due to the universal puzzle piece design, anywhere from 4 to 40,000 (or more) pieces can be assembled to create a wonderful art project.

Since I have a few boxes of these puzzles still hanging around (contact me if you'd like to buy some!) I took one over to Maya's house on our regular day, and Maya and I had a lot of fun with the puzzle and her new birthday box of watercolors! I can't remember ever having so much fun with watercolors before???


No comments: