Friday, April 03, 2009

Even More Spring!


Turn up your volume for the one true sound of spring in Upstate New York. Not much visual at the time of day when the spring peepers are out!
Robins, and maple syrup are high on the list of signs of spring in my part of the world, but the sound of spring peepers (actually small frogs looking for sex) starts my heart beating faster, and brings a smile to my face! These peepers were recorded near Atlanta, NY on Tuesday night, after a wonderful evening of digging through the history/genealogy stuff at the local library, looking for information to add to my blog of Great Great Grandfather Henry Cadmus Olney's 1886 diary. I confess - the video/audio is mine, but I borrowed the picture.

1 comment:

Sequana said...

That took me right back in time to when I spent so much of it in FL with my dad a few years ago.

He lives right on a lake, and the sound of the frogs are deafening for about a week. Those frogs have to be bigger than your peepers; they are way louder.