Saturday, April 25, 2009

New use for tops!

This blog is pretty much always pictures and stuff from my life. Today's entry comes from one of the blogs of other folks that I check in on regularly. There are about 4 or 5 of these. One is The Rag and Bone . They make books, but they love to search out odd and unusual art - usually paper and book related. Today they went a bit outside their usual - sort of like I am now. As a collector of tops for about 20 years, my eye definitely twitched when I saw these two pictures. An artist named Nick Cave - not the musician - makes costumes out of really interesting stuff, combining visual and auditory effects. Here, he uses metal spinning tops, and metal noise makers, to create a wonderful effect..... I'd love to see this in person! To see quite a few of my tops click here.

No comments: