Friday, October 21, 2011

African Violets!

Tomorrow and Saturday, you have the chance to go see some wonderful African Violets - right here in Rochester.

The New York State African Violet Society Convention is being held at


The Holiday Inn - Rochester Airport
911 Brooks Avenue
Rochester, NY 14624

As I read the schedule, the showroom is open to the public from 1:30 to 5 on Friday, and from 9:30 to 3:45 on Saturday.

Below are some pictures of my African Violets. These are not award winning, so check out the convention if you want to see more! Later I will post pictures of the neat little African Violet Oscars that I made as favors for one of the convention dinners!
You are also cordially invited to our monthly local meetings on the first Wednesday of each month - 7PM on the first floor at St. John's Home. Contact me for info on how to get there - I've managed to find the room on the first try for the last two months in a row!

We'll have a local show in the spring, but you really don't want to miss this weekend if you love African Violets, or Gesneriads, or just like to grow stuff!

No comments: