Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Cohocton Fall Foliage Festival - part two

More about the Cohocton Fall Foliage Festival --- Check out part one if you missed yesterday's pictures and comments.
Above - "Honoring" the military and patriotism is a big part of the festival. I'm sure that the person who put these on their front sidewalk meant well, but these guys are not exactly my taste. And below, a double tent full of a lot of hand made things, including the wooden flag under the tree to the left.

I'm not sure why this little sign (below) was leaning up on the back of the German Food truck, but on the other side was a tent of German Food served by folks in lederhosen and all the matching stuff. (I double checked on Google, and I did spell that right despite my dictionary wanting to change it to "leaseholder"?????)
Below, a nice exhibit of fresh local apples right on the corner of Main and Park! As the end of the festival was approaching, the vendor was hand writing signs on cardboard - "Bushells $10.00 each - any kind" Even if spelled badly, that is a great deal!
And - below - The Cohocton Fall Foliage Festival is sort of a mini Sturgis. I would estimate that about 10% of the folks there probably came on their motorcycles.
And - Thanks to my family - Anne, Wyatt, and Maeve - residents of Cohocton - their house is about 150 feet from that lovely exhibit of apples, and across the street from the motorcycles! Thanks to Anne for the lentil soup and the wonderful cookies - I should have taken a picture, but I was too busy eating! (She saved me from needing to get one of those deep fried pickles!) Thanks to Maeve and her friend Jared for coming home from college to visit! Thanks to Wyatt for spending a little time with us in between hanging out with his friends. The Cohocton Fall Foliage Festival really is the highlight of the social year here! And thanks to Mom and Dad for coming along and making sure a good chunk of our family got together again! I wish my brother Dave could have been there with us - I'm sure he and I would have chuckled over many of the same things. I did wear my Merlefest shirt as I usually do when I want to bring my brother along. I miss you Dave.

Coming soon - pictures of the bounty of Anne's garden!

1 comment:

judy said...

Loved reading about your adventure at the festival! Would also love to get my hands on some beautiful apples for $10/bushel! :)