Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Great old cars (and trucks)

Saw these two in the same morning!
Above - a 1936 Chevy pick-up truck? --- picture snapped out of my window as I drove through the intersection of Goodman and Monroe (Rochester, NY) (Talk about distracted driving!) Dad thought it was a 32, or 34 Chevy, but it turned out to be 1936. The Chevy logo on the side of the hood turns out to be the clue. We thought it was probably something added later, but I found a picture of a 1936 with the logo on the side..... problem is the fenders/running board arrangement doesn't look right? Any experts out there???

Below - a 1974 Rolls Royce with right side drive.
This one was in the parking lot at the Price Rite grocery store.
Their slogan
Impossibly, Incredibly, Inconceivably Low Prices Everyday
What was a Rolls Royce doing there?
And there was a Mercedes parked next to me when I arrived - no picture of that.
Maybe cheap groceries is how they stay rich, but it hasn't worked for me yet!


No comments: