Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Nimbus - Large spinning top!

This is Nimbus! Made by Chris Neff, and won by me in a raffle we held on our Spinning top forum to raise money to send one of our members on a trip to promote top spinning!
I'm not a skilled person with these large tops, and I had to throw the top and then go grab the camera to get a shot. Some more practice will get me a nice vertical spin, but I sort of like these shots. Much thanks to Chris for a great top that spins very smoothly, and is a joy to own! After a few throws in the back yard, I packed it up and sent it off to my friend Mike Hout, who is hosting The 12th Annual Whirled Festival of Tops this weekend in Miamisburg, Ohio! Nimbus will be spun this weekend by some of the best top spinners anywhere, and will come back home later with many stories to share with me!

Below is Chris Neff, maker of this top, and a much better top spinner than me!

1 comment:

Sequana said...

What a great win! That top is just amazing. I'm sure with a little bit of practice, you'll be doing your own vid like he did. :)

Altho, I do like your pics. It looks like a wonderful sculpture in stop action.