Sunday, August 28, 2011

Not your usual Diner placemat!

Pretty much every Saturday after Dad does his grocery shopping and Mom and I go for a ride, we stop off at the Country Club Diner across from the grocery store, and have lunch. This time Dad's coffee came in this advertising mug. I think we have all been to a diner where the paper place mat advertises local businesses, but this is the first time I've seen an advertising mug! Turns out the restaurant gets 21 dozen free mugs for a year. Repeat business is pretty much guaranteed because the company takes back the mugs at the end of the year - presumably replacing them with new ones. The advertisers get a full year of advertising for about $200 - I assume depending on the size of the ad.

I usually don't promote anybody but us, but this seems kind of cool. They also do drinking glasses, beer steins, etc!


No comments: