Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Experimenting with the fireworks setting on my camera

Fireworks extravaganza at the Genesee Country Village and Museum the other night.
The "fireworks" setting on my new camera seems to be a short "time lapse" thing, giving some neat effects, but perhaps not the best images of fireworks?
Great fireworks, but I'm not sure I'm a big fan of fireworks with a narrative and musical sound track? In the beginning the sound track bragged that the fireworks and music were professionally timed to within a tenth of a second of each other. My impression was that they certainly maintained the full tenth of a second off for the full performance. Quite disconcerting until I convinced my brain that there was no direct connection between the two separate but somewhat simultaneous events.
Nice fireworks though, with some effects that I hadn't seen before.

No comments: