Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tuesday with Mom

Since we had the Clothesline show this weekend, Mom and Dad and I did the Saturday shopping thing on Tuesday. As usual, Dad did his grocery shopping, and Mom and I drove around. I decided to head for Fairport - our family home during most of my childhood. Dad told a story this weekend about a temporary holiday job he had for a few weeks back in the late 50's, early 60's. There was a greeting card company in Fairport that shipped so many cards to stores around the country, that the local post office actually set up a branch in their building to sort the packages being shipped. I thought I'd go and see if I could find the old greeting card place? Failed at that, but Mom and I went "parking" along the canal. Thus the pictures above and below.



Thanks again Mom! I love our rides and all the out of the way places we manage to find and enjoy. It is really quite amazing the places we find within one half hour's drive from Wegmans!

No comments: